There must be healing happening around here, as I find myself discovering the beginning sparks of pure joy in my passions from before. Passions that include cleaning and baking and gardening. Well not the normal kind of gardening, that I leave to Rob. But, more along the lines of herbs and edible flowers and certain fruits. I seemed to have gone into some kind of hibernation over this past year with all things magickal in the kitchen and in my little raised herb bed (that Rob built with his own hands last year). All of these loves appeared to have lost their sparkle, well that is until this weekend.
I am very blessed to have a man who just understands and feeds the healing process and although he teases about all the hocus pocus that comes with being me he understands how it makes me whole and happy, just like he does.
We do have other herbs in and around the veg patch and garden but here, in this raised bed, are herbs that I use in the magick that is cleaning, cooking and baking. For those who know me they will be certain to assure you that I find all herbs, flowers, fruits and so forth to have not only medicinal properties but also magick energies that can be added to your meal with intention. Yup, it’s the witchy in me 😉
Through the year we will be building and raising a new bed for more of the edible flower variety. Which I am so very excited about. All our herbs start out in our blessed raised beds and once they take and I can’t keep up with their growth anymore we then thin them out a little leaving a little behind and then plant the rest into the garden.
New growings to our raised beds (for now)
- Aloe Vera – the perfect antiseptic right in our backyard for those bumps and grazes and bee stings! (medicinal) skin ailments and healing wounds (magickal) protection, healing
- Asparagus – this is the first time we have tried our hand at it. And of course I just love the stuff. – (medicinal) .. ok so I am still figuring this one out, I think it may also be a diuretic (magickal) love
- Basil – one can never have enough BASIL!!! basil butter, basil pesto, fresh basil in salads and pastas……. – (medicinal) destresser and detoxifier (magickal) protection, love, money
- Fennel – this one is the “cloudy” version, its new and intriguing and well, with fish… I may have to pack some for our fishing trips – (medicinal) diuretic – flushes out the toxins from the body (magickal) healing, protection, purification
- Lemon Grass – every home has to have Lemon grass and these will be added to my soaps too – (medicinal) stimulates cell growth and soothes intestinal infections (magickal) lust, cleansing
- Parsley – the curly leaf variety – (medicinal) also a diuretic herb and aids with symptoms of nausea, fever and menstruation (magickal) domestic tranquillity, luck, purification
- Rosemary – I covet them…. So we got two just for good measure – (medicinal) beautiful anti-inflammatory and perfect for circulation problems (magickal) love, cleansing, purification, protection
- Spring Onions – just ‘cause it’s Summer and no salad should be without – (medicinal) .. working on this one too… (magickal) healing, protection
- Strawberries – need I say more? (medicinal) did you know they were once used to treat syphilis? The leaves can also be used to aide in diarrhea (magickal) love
- Thyme – I really can’t get enough of the stuff, oh and Mr Nugget better be on the lookout or he will be stuffed with said herb for roasting! – (medicinal) I love to use thyme for coughs and colds and sore throats – just to name a few (magickal) love, purification Replant from what was there before.
- Marjoram – I haven’t used much Marj in the past, I intend to make a concerted effort this year. – (medicinal) like Oregano aid in digestion although can seriously help with all those flu bouts and anxiety attacks and even exhaustion (magickal) repels negativity, purification, peace.
The extra Parsley, Rosemary and very sorry looking mint was moved to companion a few of the veg in the veg patch and the Lavender was carefully thinned out and planted along the walk way.
Healthy soil, new plantings and dirty fingernails – I feel such excitement for the months ahead…